VS 2008 SP1 is now available for download with the .NET 3.5 SP1 framework.
Visual Studio 2008 SP1 delivers:
- Improved WPF designers
- SQL Server 2008 support
- ADO.NET Entity Designer
- Visual Basic and Visual C++ components and tools (including an MFC-based Office 2007 style ‘Ribbon’)
- Visual Studio Team System Team Foundation Server (TFS) addresses customer feedback on version control usability and performance, email integration with work item tracking and full support for hosting on SQL Server 2008
The .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 delivers:
- Performance increases between 20-45% for WPF-based applications – without having to change any code
- WCF improvements that give developers more control over the way they access data and services
- Streamlined installation experience for client applications
- Improvements in the area of data platform, such as the ADO.NET Entity Framework, ADO.NET Data Services and support for SQL Server 2008’s new features.